The section deals with the issuance of all licences under the Road Transport Act and Regulations and Licences (Trade) Regulations. The key responsibilities of the section involves:
- Handling new vehicle and driving license applications and renewals;
- Processing and issuing licences of Taxi and Car Hirer Operators, Hirer of Commercial vehicles, Hirer of Bicycles, Motor Vehicle Dealers, Hirer of Loaders and Excavators, Hirer of Public Omnibus and Hirer of Bullock Carts;
- Filing and classifying of licence applications and other documents;
- Organizing taxi briefing and exam;
- Compiling statistics of vehicle and driving licence;
- Provide members of the public with information and guidance on licensing matter and procedures;
- Attend Court cases for traffic related offences;
- Dealing with correspondences in relation to traffic related matters.
This section currently has 13 staffs.