An applicant can obtain a business license as a sole trader with a valid National Identity Number (NIN) or as a registered company or business with a valid Business Registration Number (BRN).
The requirements, fee and process for applying for a business license varies according to the type of business activity the applicant wants to engage in. However, the process usually includes:
- Filling and submitting an application form
- Approval of application by the CEO or Deputy CEO
- Payment of license fee
- Collection of issued license
If the business license activity requires one or more premises, there is a process of inspection of premise by inspectors and relevant consulting agencies such as the Planning Authority, Public Health Department, Seychelles Tourism Board, Fire Safety & Rescue Agency, Department of Environment, Department of Information Communication Technology and Landscape & Waste Management Agency. If the inspection reports indicate that there are no defects or risks with the premise, the application will be considered for approval.
Please note that:
- All application forms are available at the office and on the website (www.sla.sc).
- Each application form contains the license fees, the relevant supporting documents needed and any other specific requirements for the license.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Licensing Act, SLA must deal with a license application within 14 days