SLA is headed by a Chief Executive Officer who is appointed by the President and is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Authority. The President also appoints a Deputy CEO who discharges the functions of the CEO when the CEO is absent from duty or when he/she delegates the duties to the Deputy.
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Andre Pool
Deputy Chief Executive Officer: Ms Jessica Larue
Office of the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer
In accordance with the Licenses Act, 2010, the Chief Executive Officer of the Authority is appointed by the President and is mandated to supervise and direct the daily affairs of the Authority. The CEO is also responsible for the following duties:
- Approve new licenses and renew existing ones;
- Attach or vary conditions of a license;
- Perform all other functions as directed by the Board;
- Attend and participate in all SLA Board meetings.
The Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Authority is mandated under the Licences Act, 2010 to discharge the functions of the CEO during his absence. The Deputy CEO has further responsibilities, such as the following:
- Supervise the administrative, accounting and IT functions of the Authority;
- Management of the transport fleet;
- Attend and participate in all SLA Board meetings;
- Perform any other functions as assigned by the CEO.
The Office of the CEO is manned by a Private Secretary and that of the Deputy CEO by a Senior Office Assistant.
The Authority is structured into two types of services, i.e. Technical Services and Support Services. There are different Departments under each and they are as follows: