Seychelles Licensing Authority

Welcome to our Knowledge Base
< Go Back


License condition may vary to satisfy the requirements of the license authority and those of consulting bodies.

Download Application Form

License Fees

5 Years
Keep/Manage a cafeSCR1200

Licence Procedures

a) In the case of an individual, documentary proof to the satisfaction of the Authority that:
i. The applicant has the necessary experience and finance to keep and manage the type of establishment to which the application refers;
ii. The business name has been registered under the Registration of Business Names Act;
iii. The applicant is the owner or lessee of the premises;
iv. Where the premises are to be used for catering services or take-away business, approval from the Department of Public Health that the premises satisfy the health requirements under the laws of Seychelles;
v. In the case of an application for a license to keep and manage an establishment in new or renovated premises, planning approval and certificate of occupancy that the premises comply with all the planning requirements under the laws of Seychelles;
vi. In the case of a discotheque, documentary proof of valid insurance cover for public liability.
b) In the case of a firm:
i. The documents specified in 2 (a) (i) in respect of each of the partners and documents specified in paragraph 2(a) (ii) and (iii) and where applicable 2 (a) (iv);
ii. True copy of certificate of registration of the firm;
c) In the case of a corporate body:
i. A true copy of the certificate of incorporation and memorandum of association;
ii. Documents specified in paragraph 2 (a) (i), (iii), (iv) and (v);
iii. Documentary proof to the satisfaction of the Authority and the Seychelles Tourism Board that the applicant has in its employment persons having the necessary experience to keep the type of establishment to which the application refers:

License Condition


‘’Once Issued, Licence Fee is Non-Refundable’’.

To serve and sell coffee, tea, soft drinks, meals and refreshments to customers for consumption on the premises.

The sale of wine and beer is permitted but restricted to customer having meals only.

Waitress service may be provided on demand by clients.

The licence holder or his/her employees shall not: –

  • play loud music or engagement of a live band on the premises.
  • not use the premises as a dancing hall or to organise any other functions including parties.

If there is any change in mangement (including the manager in charge or director and shareholder of the company or partnership) this authority should be informed in writting immediately thereafter. Where the change is that of the manager, the authority should be provided with details of the professional experience and qualification of the manager.

The licence holder must make necessary arrangements with a licensed refuse collector for the disposal of rubbish from the premises.

To enusre that the operations and infrastructure comply with the standards laid down by the authority responsible for tourism standards.

To ensure that the operations and infrastructure of the establishment comply with the standards of hygiene laid down by the ministry responsible for health.

Licence is not transferable

Table of Contents