Hirer of Bicycles
Download Application Form
Documents To Accompany Application
- Lease Agreement or Proof of Ownership of Business premises
- Planning Authority’s approval and certificate of occupancy in respect of a newly constructed premises or change of use if the premises was not being used a shop
In the case of
(i) A Company – the certificate of incorporation and memorandum of Association
(ii) A Partnership – the certificate of registration of the business
- In the case of a licence to hirer video films, the name of the manager and a copy of his or her national identity card to ensure that the manager is 18 years of age or above
- In the case of hirer of watersport equipment, the insurance policy, a contract with a hotel to provide such a business and certificate of seaworthiness from the Maritime Safety Administrator
- Note that all hirers of plant, bicycles, bullock carts and watersport equipments require an insurance policy covering the passenger, crew, and the public for personal injury and for damage caused to property
To comply with the road transport act (cap 206) and regulations as amended;
To display this licence at a conspicuous place on the business premises specified in the licence.
Licence is not transferable
‘’Once issued, licence fee is non-refundable’’.
1. To hire bicycles only but your fleet must not exceed 70 and minimum 10 bicycles should be hired at a specific place or places approved by this authority.
2. However when approval is given to hire near the jetty the licensee must not engage in the practice of touting members of the public and tourists thus harassing them.
3. The hirer should display a board stating the price for the hire of bicycle per day and its business name and telephone number in big letters.
4. Must have a valid insurance policy for personal injury and damage to property as a result of the use of the bicycle for hire.
5. The hirer should ensure that all bicycles for hire are licensed and in good running condition with efficient braking system.
6.the licensee and his employee/servant must not solicit for client on la digue jetty to hire his bicycle or to offer his service.