Registration of Vehicle
When registering a vehicle, the applicant must:
- Complete a vehicle registration application form that should be stamped and signed by an authorized Vehicle examiner at the Vehicle Testing Station (VTS).
- A copy of Import Permit, Bill of Entry and proof of purchase must be attached. Similar documents must be attached if imported by a licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer.
- Pay a registration fee of R100 and Levy according to the HS Code.
Vehicle Registration Number
Registration numbers are allocated automatically from our computerized system.
Reservation of Registered Number
The vehicle owner must inform SLA in writing to reserve a registration number and pay a fee of R2,000.00 which is not refundable. SLA reserves the right to reallocate the reserved registration number if not in use within 2 years from the date of payment.The following mark should be affixed to vehicles next to the registered numbers.
Number Plate Mark
- Carts, Carriages and Trailers the mark shall be the letter “A”
- Bicycles the mark shall be numbers only
- Motor Vehicles the mark shall be letter “S”
- Vehicles owned by Seychelles Government the letters “GS”
- Vehicles used by Diplomatic Missions/Consular Posts/United Nations Missions or delegates of the Commission of European Communities in addition to the mark “S” the letters “CD”, “CC”, “UN”, “EEC”.
Number Plate Colour