Seychelles Licensing Authority

Welcome to our Knowledge Base
< Go Back

Hirer of Public Omnibus

Download Application Form

License Fees

1 Year
Licence fee SCR1000

Documents To Accompany Application

  • Lease Agreement or Proof of Ownership of Business premises
  • Planning Authority’s approval and certificate of occupancy in respect of a newly constructed premises or change of use if the premises was not being used a shop

In the case of
(i) A Company – the certificate of incorporation and memorandum of Association
(ii) A Partnership – the certificate of registration of the business

  • In the case of a licence to hirer video films, the name of the manager and a copy of his or her national identity card to ensure that the manager is 18 years of age or above
  • In the case of hirer of watersport equipment, the insurance policy, a contract with a hotel to provide such a business and certificate of seaworthiness from the Maritime Safety Administrator
  • Note that all hirers of plant, bicycles, bullock carts and watersport equipments require an insurance policy covering the passenger, crew, and the public for personal injury and for damage caused to property

License Condition

To display this licence at a conspicuous place on the business premises as specified in the licence.

Licence is not transferable

‘’once issued, licence fee is non-refundable’’

1. The activities of the public omnibus shall be limited to :

a) staff transportation

b) contract services such as funerals, picnics, school trips & other similar services.

2. Contract services exclude transfer or tour guiding of tourists or transportation
of tourists on vacation.

3. You may transport foreign visitors such as participants to conferences, consultants
on working visits, seminars, cultural events, athletes reprensenting their country at
sports events, as long as groups are 9 or more in number and they are not on vacation
in the country.

4. Buses must carry a minimum of 10 seated passengers including the driver.

5. To operate a maximum of 10 omnibuses which can be new or second-hand.

6. Imported buses must be new.

7. Second-hand buses can be used in the business as long as they are tested by the vehicle testing station
and approved by the department of transport.

8. The driver of the bus must be in possession of class 6 driving licence.

Table of Contents