Labour Contractor (Stevedoring Activities)
Download Application Form
Documents To Accompany Application
a) in the case where the applicant will personally provide the services and states that he has a certain standard of education, competence, skill or experience, a certificate showing that the applicant has the standard of education, competence, skill or experience;
b) in the case of a firm where the partners of a firm will personally provide the services, a certificate showing that the partners of the firm have the standard of education, competence, skill or experience;
c) in the case of a body corporate or where an individual or the partners in the firm will not personally provide the service, evidence to the satisfaction of the Authority that the body corporate, individual or firm possessing the standard of education, competence, skill or experience;
d) where premises are required for the purposes of providing the services specified in the application, documentary
e) in the case of a firm a true copy of registration of the firm and in the case of a corporate body a true copy of the certificate of incorporation and the memorandum and articles of association of the corporate body;
f) in respect of an application requiring premises to carry out any of the following services, planning approval for the use of the premises to carry on the business;
Public Bodies to be consulted
• Port Authority
• SLA Application form
TO COMPLY WITH LICENCES (MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES) REGULATIONS 2000
(1) The licence granted to ……………………………………… applies for handling of fish, salt and stores from fishing and refer vessels in the Fishing Port only.
(2) This Stevedoring Firm is henceforth permitted to handle fish ashore i.e from quay to COI of cold storage areas alternatively from COI to ship, all within the boundaries of the Fishing Port complex.
(3) No licence is to be granted for the provision of Stevedoring Services to other categories of cargo or vessels other than those expressed in one (1) above.
(4) ……………………. would be permitted to purchase and operate equipment for this purpose subject to the usual acceptable criteria.
(5) Only registered Stevedores with special passes are to be employed under a strict code of conduct. Strict disciplinary measures are also to be enforced at all times to ensure that the Ports function efficiently
‘’Once Issued, Licence Fee is Non-Refundable’’.
TO DISPLAY THIS LICENCE AT A CONSPICUOUS PLACE ON THE BUSINESS PREMISES SPECIFIED IN THE LICENCE.