Download Application Form
Documents To Accompany Application
Proof of ownership and/or lease agreement of the premises where the business is to be carried out.
Where the premise is newly constructed the certificate of occupancy from the planning authority. If there is a change of use of the premises outside the class specified in the schedule to the town & country planning (use of classes) regulations, the certificate of change of use from the planning authority.
Certificate of incorporation and memorandum of association in case the applicant is a corporate body or the certificate of business registration in the case of a business name is to be used to carry on the business.
List Of Categories Of Goods/Products For Licensing
1. Food, Organic Food, Beverages (non-alcoholic), Confectioneries
1a Flour, sugar and rice
1b Meat and edible meat offal, fresh, frozen or chilled *
1c Edible fruits and vegetables fresh or frozen *
1d Alcohol *
1e Household items including cooking utensils and equipments*
2. Furniture, Building materials and hard wares.
2a Blasting explosives *
3. Mineral fuels and oils*
4. Medical and Pharmaceutical supplies *
5. Cosmetics, Hair Products, SPA, Essence/Essential Oils, Therapeutic Products and their raw materials,
5a. Toys, Books and Stationery
5b. Baby Food and Baby Products
6. Agricultural Products, Animal Feed, Pet food, Pet Accessories, Growing Media and Compost*
6a Plants, and plants products including timber, Flowers*
6b Animal and animal by-products not treated
6c Dangerous Chemicals including pesticides *
6d Pyrotechnic products* (fireworks/feux d ’artifices)
7. Textiles and Garments.
8. Machinery, Equipment, Spare Parts and accessories
8a. Electrical Appliances, Office Machinery and Equipment
9. Telecommunications Apparatus, Satellite Dishes, Electrical wiring cable*
10. Raw Materials for further processing, Food/Liquid packaging
11. Glass Windows and Doors*
12. Tobacco Products, Cigarettes, and Smoking Accessories or products*
13. Herbs, Spices, Plant products e.g. vanilla pods, herbal tea, dry herbs, etc…
14. LPG/Industrial/Medical Gas*
15. Craft, Art, Souvenir and Gift Items
16. Gems and Jewellery
17. Decoration supplies and General accessories
18. Optical Glasses, Optical Frames and accessories
19. Boats and Pleasure crafts*
20. Others (conditioned licence)
NOTE: All categories of goods marked with an asterisk require an Import Permit for importation.
Applicant should state clearly what they wish to trade in and specifically categorised their requirements in accordance with numbers 1 to 20 above.
Goods to be imported and sold must be newly manufactured or made. No used or second-hand goods are to be imported or sold unless specified in the licences.
Goods Categories 1 1c 5 5b 6 6a 6c 6d 6e 13 14 15 are exempted from Cash Register and POS requirement. These include also tuck shop, mobile vans, small kiosk, snack shops, stalls, market & street vendors and artisan.
Goods Categories 1a 1b 1d 1e 2a 3 4 5a 5b 7 8 8a 9 10 11 12 16 17 18 19 20 are categories requiring Cash register and POS requirement.
TO COMPLY WITH LICENCES (TRADE ) REGULATION 2012
* THIS LICENCE PERMITS YOU TO IMPORT AND RETAIL YOUR GOODS *
1. TO SELL TO ANY CUSTOMERS GOODS DISPLAYED FOR SALE ON THE PREMISES OF THE LICENSEE.
2. TO MARK THE PRICE OF GOODS DISPLAYED FOR SALE ON THE PREMISES.
3. THE LICENCED PREMISES SHALL AT ALL TIMES BE KEPT CLEAN AND SHALL BE MAINTAINED IN GOOD ORDER
4. NO ALCOHOL, TOBACCO OR PRODUCT CONTAINING TOBACCO SHOULD BE GIVEN OR SOLD ON THE RETAIL
PREMISES TO A PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18. ANY BREACH OF THE CONDITIONS BESIDES BEING AN OFFENCE
MAY RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION OF YOUR LICENCE.
5. ON REQUEST ISSUE A RECEIPT STATING THE PRICE OF THE GOODS PURCHASED BY THE CLIENT.
6. TO SELL PRE-PACKED GOODS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WEIGHTS AND MEASUREMENTS ACT.
7. TO ABIDE TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE FOOD ACT.
Goods Categories exempted from Cash Register and POS requirement.
tuck shop, mobile vans, small kiosk, snack shops, stalls, market & street vendors and artisan.
Goods Categories 1 1a 1b 1c 1d are categories requiring Cash register and POS requirement.
TO COMPLY WITH THE TOBACCO CONTROL ACT 2009.
A PERSON WHO MANUFACTURES, IMPORTS, SUPPLIES DISPLAYS, DISTRIBUTES OR SELLS TOBACCO PRODUCT,SHALL ENSURE
THE HEALTH WARNINGS AND MESSAGES ARE DISPLAYED ON A TOBACCO PRODUCT PACKAGE IN THE FORMAT AND PROPORTION
OF THE IMAGE AND TEXT AS SET OUT IN THE SCHEDULE;
TO FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES OF PHYTOSANITARY REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPORTATION OF PLANTS, PLANT PRODUCTS AND
OTHER ARTICLES INTO SEYCHELLES.
THE IMPORTATION AND RETAILING OF E-CIGARETTES IS PROHIBITED INCLUDING THE IMPORTING OF ANY SWEETS, SNACKS, OR
OTHER NON-TOBACCO PRODUCTS RESEMBLING A TOBACCO PRODUCT.
THE LABEL PREPACKED GOODS IMPORTED MUST BE PRINTED IN CREOLE, FRENCH OR ENGLISH AND MUST BE LEGIBLE AND EASY
IF YOU ARE TO IMPORT TIMBER OR ANY PLANTS PRODUCTS YOU SHOULD FIRST OBTAIN A PLANT IMPORT PERMIT FROM THE
PLANT PROTECTION SECTION, MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND MARINE RESOURCES AT UNION VALE AND AN IMPORT PERMIT
FROM THE TRADES TAX IMPORT DIVISION LIBERTY HOUSE. YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE SUCH PERMITS ON CLEARING OF SUCH
GOODS AT PORT OR AIRPORT;
THE IMPORTING AND RETAILING OF CLOTHING/GARMENTS OF JUNGLE COLOURED CAMOUFLAGED OR COMBAT DESIGNED
TISSUE AS STIPULATED IN S.I. 37 OF 2006, THE TRADES TAX (IMPORTS) (AMENDMENTS) REGULATIONS, 2006 ARE PROBHIBITED.
TO COMPLY WITH TRADES TAX REGULATIONS AND RESPECT IMPORT PERMIT CONDITIONS.
ALL CATEGORIES OF GOODS MARKED WITH AN ASTERISK REQUIRE AN IMPORT PERMIT FOR IMPORTATION;
GOODS TO BE IMPORTED UNDER THIS LICENCE MUST BE NEW THAT IS NO SECOND HAND OR USED SHOULD BE IMPORTED
WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF THIS AUTHORITY;
THE LICENCE MUST BE USED OTHERWISE IT WILL LAPSE ON THE EXPIRY DATE AND NO REQUEST FOR REFUND OF THE LICENCE
FEE OR TO CARRY FORWARD THE LICENCE FOR NEXT YEAR WILL BE GRANTED;
LICENCE IS NOT TRANSFERABLE
YOU ARE REMINDED TO MAKE NECESSARY ARRANGEMENTS WITH A LICENSED REFUSE COLLECTOR FOR THE DISPOSAL OF
RUBBISH FROM YOUR PREMISES. YOU ARE ALSO TO ENSURE THAT THE AREA SURROUNDING YOUR PREMISES ARE KEPT
CLEAN AND A BIN SHOULD BE PLACED ON THE PREMISES.
MUST AT ALL TIMES DURING THE DURATION OF THIS LICENCE, HAVE A VALID LEASE AGREEMENT, AND COPY OF SAME TO BE
PROVIDED TO THIS AUTHORITY. IF PREMISE IS NOT BEING LEASE THEN THE ABOVE IS NOT APPLICABLE.
1. ALL FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT SHALL BE EFFECTIVELY MAINTAINED AND SERVICED AT LEAST
ONCE A YEAR.
2. SECONDARY LIGHTING AND ILLUMINATING SIGN SHALL BE EFFECTIVELY OPERATED ESPECIALLY
AT NIGHT TIME.
3. THE RELIABILITY OF ANY FIRE ALARM SYSTEM SHALL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
4. ALL MEANS OF FIRE EXIT SHALL BE MADE FREELY ACCESSIBLE AND UNOBSTRUCTED AT ANY
5. NO VOLATILE MATERIALS SUCH AS IMFLAMMABLE LIQUID OR GAS SHALL BE STORED ON THE
PREMISES EXCEPT WHERE THE CHIEF FIRE OFFICER PERMITS IN WRITING.