Building Maintenance Contractor (Class IV)
Download Application Form
|Building Maintenance Contractor||SCR1200|
Documents required by SLA
- In the case of an individual
(i) a Trade Test Certificate Grade I or Grade II in the Building Trade or the equivalent with a minimum of three years’ experience in minor building works and maintenance;
- In the case of a firm
(i) the certificate and experience referred to in paragraph (a) above in respect of each partner
(ii) a true copy of the registration certificate as a firm
- In the case of a corporate body
(i) written proof to the satisfaction of the Authority that the corporate body has in its employment persons who satisfy the requirements in paragraph (a) above
(ii) a true copy of the certificate of incorporation and memorandum of association of the corporate body
Planning Authority’s additional requirements upon new application and renewal
- List of employees
- Formal contract with Quantity Surveyor
- Formal contract with Architect/ Technician
- Reference/ Recommendation letters from past clients (minimum 3)
- Portfolio of past projects and planning reference
- List of equipment
- Establishment list
Permitted Works/ Schedule of Works
Minor Construction Works
• Sundry small-detached outhouses not exceeding 10sq meter in area and 3,7 meters in height i.e. external toilets/bathrooms/kitchen/tool stores/chicken coops/pig sties.
• Sundry minor decorative and recreational landscaping works i.e. flag stoning, footpaths, steps, parking spaces, bird-baths etc.
• Sundry minor environmental landscaping works not exceeding 1.2 meters (4ft) in height i.e. gates, fences, fence walls, parapet walls, retaining walls etc.
• Renovation works of existing single storey building, dwelling houses, offices, shops, stores etc. within the curtilage or parameters (no extensions not expansions) of such building i.e. alterations and improvements and including provision of extra rooms i.e. toilets, bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms etc.
Repairs and Maintenance
• Repairs and maintenance, minor improvements, decoration of existing structures/buildings/dwelling houses/offices/shops/stores etc.
A licence to provide services as a Building Contractor or Building (Maintenance) Contractor shall in addition to any other conditions, which the Authority may specify in the licence, be subject to the following conditions:
• Shall carry out work in accordance with scope and conditions of their licence;
• ensure that there is a written contract with the client relating to the work to be carried out, including the contract fee and expected date of completion of work;
• provide good quality of services or work and respect the deadline for completion of work agreed with clients;
• provide services in accordance with the scope of the work stipulated in the licence;
• of good conduct in the course of providing services;
• be courteous to persons availing its services and ensure that its employees do likewise;
• the premises including workshop or yard used by the contractor in connection with his building operations shall meet the requirements and standards set by the Ministry of Health;
• Keep and maintain his licensed place or premises in a state of cleanliness at all times;
• all materials shall be stored in such a manner and in such a state as to prevent the emission of noxious or offensive effluvia there from;
• ensure that adequate care and precaution is taken when carrying out construction work on or near any public road or in public road or in public place to prevent members of the public from sustaining injuries or loss of life;
• shall be acquainted with the guidelines issued by the Ministry responsible for public works and the current practices and standards relevant to the services under the licence;
• where the licence holder is a corporate body or a firm, the licence holder must inform the Authority in writing of any change of Management, Directors, Partners and Shareholders during the validity of the licence;
i. in respect of a company where there is a change in the employment of the person or persons qualified to provide the services, the licensee shall submit to the Authority the full name of the person or persons employed together with the documents required under schedule of Regulations 5;
ii. a firm where there is a change of partner, to provide proof to the satisfaction of the Authority that the partner is qualified to provide the service.